Principal Consultant & Founder
George Lugue has over 15 years of talent acquisition experience working in the International Development, Public Safety, Healthcare, and Management Consulting sectors. His executive recruiting experience was developed by working with “Big 5” Management Consulting firms and Fortune 500 companies. As an Account Manger for an executive search firm, George worked with Partner and C-Level candidates placing them with top tier clients including PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG, Merrill Lynch and General Electric.
More recently, through George & Company, George has assisted several healthcare, public safety, and international development organizations with their talent acquisition needs. They include - Mission Critical Partners, CARE International, International Rescue Committee/IRC, Winrock International, PATH, Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Counterpart International, Project Concern International (PCI), xG Health Solutions, Evolent Health, Walgreens, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, EURO RSCG, Giant Creative Strategy, Pacific Communications and Cline Davis & Mann. One of his areas of expertise includes large donor/USAID Proposal Recruitment for International Development Companies.
George earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from Gannon University, Erie, Pennsylvania.
Hourly Consulting/Contract Recruiting Accomplishments
(Proposal, Project and HQ Recruiting)
JSI - Recruiting Highlights
- Within 1 week identified finalist for Communications Advisor requisition. Within 2 weeks identified finalist for International HR Manager requisition.
Arconic - Recruiting Highlights
- Provided Talent Acquisition assistance to Engineered Products & Solutions Group, successfully filling 8 critical roles within 2 months.
Mission Critical Partners (Public Safety Consulting) - Recruiting Highlights
- Successfully placed critical roles to include: Sales Engineer; Business Development Manager, Managed Services; and Business Development Manager, Consulting.
- Sourced candidates for Network 9-1-1, Radio & Wireless, and Life-cycle Managed Services practice teams.
Plan International - Recruiting Highlights (Proposal Recruitment)
- Within a few weeks successfully developed a pipeline of candidates for a CoP/Project Director role (USAID/Bangladesh Advancing Adolescent Health Project). Submitted 13 total candidates of which 3 of them were identified for panel interviews.
International Rescue Committee/IRC - Recruiting Highlights (Project & HQ Recruitment)
- Within 4 weeks closed a Field Coordinator role based in Libya, a challenging requisition due to limited talent pool (Arabic speaker, Visa restrictions).
- Within 3 weeks identified a finalist for a Digital Design Specialist role.
- Developed pipeline of finalists for high profile Global ERP/MS Dynamics Project.
Population Services International/PSI - Recruiting Highlights (Project, HQ & Proposal Recruitment)
- Successfully closed all requisitions assigned prior to end of contract.
- Assisted in building Project Director candidate pipeline for large USAID malaria proposal.
Winrock International – Recruiting Highlights (Proposal Recruitment):
- Successfully sourced Key Personnel (KP) for proposals (capture & live). Worked directly with proposal teams.
- Was engaged on 14+ proposals (total) – Technical areas included: Agriculture, Civil Society, Forestry & Natural Resource Management and Clean Energy/Water.
- Responsible for outbound recruitment for KP via internet/Boolean sourcing, DevEx, DevelopmentAid, ReliefWeb, LinkedIn, personal database, etc.
- Fully staffed/identified (100%) KP for all positions/proposals that I was engaged on.
- Secured 1420/supporting documents, conducted reference checks and gained permission to use quotes from references.
Mount Carmel Health (via SRS) – Recruiting Highlights (Hospital Recruitment):
- Positions sourced for include - CT/MRI Tech, CT Radiographer, Cardio Sonographer, Surgical Tech, ED RN, Neuro RN, Director of Patient Logistics, Pharmacy Manger, Director of Finance.
- >95% of submitted candidates were selected for initial interviews.
IIE – Recruiting Highlights (Proposal Recruitment):
- Within 60 hours (4 week contract) identified, screened and submitted 6 CoP candidates for a USAID pre-solicitation/proposal (Agreement/deliverables target was to provide 4 CoP candidates). Half of those were identified within the first 1.5 weeks. Leadership/HR were interested in scheduling interviews with all of them.
Dexis Consulting Group – Recruiting Highlights (Proposal Recruitment):
- Within 4 days identified, screened and submitted 12 candidates for a DoD proposal (New skill sets I was required to learn with no prior networks to source from)
- Within 2 days identified 3 candidates for a high priority role for the proposal (Project Manager)
- Within 24 hours successfully completed references for 6 individuals
PCI – Recruiting Highlights (Proposal Recruitment):
- Within 2 weeks identified, screened and submitted 4 Chief of Party candidates for Liberia Ebola response projects (ultimately 3 of them were made offers and 2 were hired).
- Within 3 weeks identified, screened and submitted a Procurement & Logistics Officer candidate which resulted in a hire for the Washington, DC office.
- Within 1 month submitted a total of 15 qualified candidates for Ebola response projects in Liberia, which are very challenging roles to recruit for (unique skill-sets and high risk location).
dTS – Recruiting Highlights (Proposal Recruitment):
- Proposal recruitment - Within 24 hours identified 14 candidates for a proposal (2 of them the Hiring Manager wanted to interview).
Counterpart International – Recruiting Highlights (Project & HQ Recruitment):
- Ramped-up quickly. Learned how to identify and screen economic development; food security and nutrition; community and humanitarian assistance; and civil society and governance skill-sets.
- Closed first opening assigned within 3 weeks (Senior Content Producer).
- Closed M&E Specialist opening within 60 days.
- Closed Senior Director, IT opening within 75 days.
- Assisted in filling openings for the IPACS II Afghanistan Project (USAID funded), majority within 60 days.
- Was initially hired as a temporary recruiter with a targeted contract of 3 months. They continue to extend my contract due to my success in filling their positions.
- Assisted in developing/implementing recruitment protocols and workflow.
- Closed all openings without any advertising expense (utilized free sites, networking and internet sourcing).
MSH – Recruiting Highlights (Project, HQ & Proposal Recruitment):
- For the SCMS project PMO Office (Arlington, VA) – successfully filled approximately 50% of all openings assigned. This is significant because the deadline for candidate submittal is within 2 weeks of assignment and we would typically compete with 3-4 other partners for the placement of each opening.
- Average time to fill was consistently under the company average (less than 90 days) and positions had limited talent pools (pharmacists/pharmaceutical supply chain consultants) and unique international locations.
- Successfully provided full-life-cycle recruitment on a part-time basis working remotely/from virtually office – placed over 80 professionals internationally/domestically (Band Levels 4 – 6)
KPMG | National Tax Practice (Via SRS) – Recruiting Highlights (Management Consulting):
- Within 3 days identified, screened and submitted 2 Transfer Pricing candidates who ultimately became finalists/offers presented.
- 90% of all candidates submitted to Recruiting Managers were forwarded to Hiring Partners for review.
KPMG Healthcare (Via Method3/RPO) – Recruiting Highlights (Management Consulting):
- Within 8 weeks directly sourced, identified, screened and submitted 19 total candidates resulting in a send-out ratio of 63% (candidates forwarded to Hiring Manager/Partner for interview).
- Within 33 days identified, screened and submitted a Director level Strategy candidate which resulted in a hire for their SFO office.
- Within 53 days identified, screened and submitted a Manager level Strategy candidate which resulted in a hire for their Boston office.
- Within 51 days identified, screened and submitted a Director level Strategy candidate which resulted in a hire for their SFO office.
xG Healthcare – Recruiting Highlights (HQ Recruitment):
- For 30+ days of my initial engagement with xG - solely and successful supported recruitment efforts for this growing start-up, managing 40+ openings.
- Closed critical/urgent PMO positions within 30 days.
- Filled critical DBA role within 30 days.
- Successfully closed two Regional Director (Nurse/RN) roles for Population Health Management division within 90 days.
- Successfully filled Senior QA Analyst role within 30 days.
Evolent Health – Recruiting Highlights (HQ Recruitment):
- Filled key senior level position (Senior Director, Utilization Management) within 60 days. Directly sourced candidate, marketed opportunity, screened and closed.
- Filled Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (PBM Pharmacist) opening within 60 days.
- Developed interview pipeline for Clinical Pharmacy Specialist position within 2 weeks by direct sourcing.
- Developed interview pipeline for Manager, Care Management position within 2 weeks by direct sourcing.
- Quick ramp-up with their candidate tracking application/software – Jobvite.
- Successfully built candidate lists for key executive level proposal positions.